Maui’s Best Restaurants list of best Poke Bowls on Maui.
Poke [poʊˈkeɪ] is a raw fish salad served as an appetizer in Hawaiian cuisine.
[Edited May, 14th to include the Maui ‘Aipono Awards]
Want to know who has the Best Poke Bowl on Maui? For value, the best Poke is found at Foodland and Times Supermarket. They both also recently won the prestigious ‘Aipono Awards for Best Poke’ on Maui! You can grab some Poke’ to go at any time of the day.
Restaurant wise, there are many Restaurants and local Food Trucks offering you some of the freshest Hawaiian Poke bowls to be found on Maui.
Top 10 Best Restaurants, Food Trucks and Specialty Stores for fresh Hawaiian Poke on Maui. In no particular order. Click on the Company name, to link to their website or Facebook page.
- South Maui Food Company is a Food Truck behind 76 Gas Station on Alahele Pl. & So. Kihei Rd. Hunter is a Fisherman and he and his partners sell the freshest fish here on Maui. They also make what we consider to be one of the best Poke bowl Plates on Maui! (2 choices- or get the combo)
- Pint and Cork Pub, located in the Shops at Wailea. Upscale Gastropub.
- Tamura’s Fine Wine’s and Liquors has lots of choices! Bento’s Plate Lunches, Okazuya Menu, Burgers, sandwiches and so much more. Kihei and Kahului. (plenty choices)
- Poke Hale Grinds, Paukūkalo. Custom Poke to order.
- Like Poke Food Truck; by Costco Gas Station. There are places to sit and other Food Trucks nearby.
- Eskimo Candy sells fresh fish to Maui’s best restaurants. They opened a retail portion of the warehouse, which is adorably decorated in a Pirate theme. A great place to get freash Fish and Chips, and Seafood Chowder and many other great items. Like the Poke Bowl.
- Fish Market Maui in a small strip-mall in Ka’anapali. Local fishermen bring in the catch of the day, every day! Some of the freshest fish you’ll find on the island
- Shark Pit Social in Lahaina. They have both a food truck and small restaurant off the beaten path. Big chunks of fresh fish mixed with thinly sliced cucumber, onion, tossed with mayo and sitting a top Hawaiian fried rice.
- Joey’s Kitchen; Whalers Village. Chef Joey is quite the talented Chef we hear…
- Ma’alaea General Store is underneath the Maui Ocean Center, lots of free parking. They can be busy, be prepared to wait.